Friday, August 26, 2011

Jory Family Reunion!

We've been back almost a week and I've been too depressed to post about our awesome vacation. That's the worst part about vaca- coming home! Reality blows! Especially in the last month of pregnancy when you get a whole week of rest, and then have to come home to face 3 more weeks of waiting around, but all the while continuing the cooking, cleaning, laundering, and hopeless attempts at entertaining a 1 1/2 year old when all you want to do is lay on the couch.

Anyways- enough complaining. The reunion started out perfectly! My sister (the one who was pregnant with twins) had her girls the morning we were leaving! Talk about perfect timing. I think it's because those girls wanted to meet their Auntie so badly and they knew it would be a couple months if they didn't make their appearance within this week. It was so awesome to get to see my nieces and sister in the hospital! These girls are my 14th and 15th (right?) time becoming an Aunt (blood related, at least) and it was the first time I'd ever gotten to see the babies so brand new!
You can tell I'm excited because I actually put on my makeup to meet them :)
PS. This is Brynne!

Due to the timing of the pregnancy AND the fact that they were twins, my sister was not planning on being able to attend the reunion anyway, so I think it worked out great for her too. She didn't have to miss us all too much :)



It was a super relaxing vaca for both Eric and I, especially since we were unable to make it to Eric's family's this year and this was our first vaca in a year! Not to mention last year's vaca (annual reunion on Eric's side) wasn't that relaxing since we had a newborn in a tent that we forgot to bring poles for....

Anyway, the house we stayed on was in Waldport, OR. Great vacation home! Right on the beach, just the way we like it.
Tristan was meeting most of his cousin's on my side for the first time, so I was a bit nervous that he would be clingy the whole time but to my surprise he was not even a tiny bit shy! Must have sensed all that Jory blood...

Millie & Tristan. Love this one!
My brother Justin and his youngest playing with Tristan in the sand
Some of the seal watchers!
Sand Monster
Millie loved Eric! It was hilarious.


Cousins!
The boys. Brave enough to play football with the sharks..


Can you believe that this is only 6 out of the 9 Jory kids (and their families, of course)

Missing Jana, Clint, Jenae & Bret Parker and Ella & Brynne Parker!

It was so great to spend time with my family, I already miss them! I wish we all lived closer. But then again... ;)




1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you I love the JORY family!!!! What an AWESOME picture!!! And I can't believe the family has gotten so big. I guess that is what happens as we get older!!!! You little guy is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete