Thursday, December 29, 2011

Baby Ry's Tiny update

Despite Ryan being the opposite of tiny (for his age), his life span is quite a bit shorter than say, mine. or Tristan's. or Eric's. So one might think that he may not have accomplished as much as we have in the last 3 months.

Boy, are we wrong.

I may have accomplished more in my ENTIRE life, but I am 23 years and 11 months older than him. I would only hope that this statement was true...However, in the last 3 months? Baby Ryan has me beat!

First, he worked as hard as he could to break free of the womb for fear that his own mother would evict him and he would be homeless. So he forfeited, and I'm sure he still owes me rent money. Then, he learned how to cry, and breathe, and pee, and poop, and eat. All in the span of 24 hours. I can tell you that in the last 24 hours the only thing I've accomplished is changing some poopy diapers and making some Easy Mac.

Then he learned how to flail/move those limbs attached to his tiny cute body. He learned how to turn his head towards sounds, and grasp a finger that was put within his reach.

And the sweetest, most amazing thing he has learned in the last 3 months is how to smile. He is a great smiler.

He learned to recognize Mama's voice from across the room, and that this dark featured, sometimes hairy man is Dadda, and mostly that the constant noise in the room- that's big brother.

Ryan has learned to giggle and coo and wiggle when he thinks something is funny. He has learned to kick his legs and hold his head up. He has learned how to roll onto his back when he's had enough of the tummy time nonsense. He has learned that it makes Mommy happy when he sleeps through the night.

Baby "RyRy" has been the sweetest little addition to our family. He keeps me calm and collected when big brother is driving me bonkers. He can bring a smile to my face at any hour of the day just by being the sweet baby that he is-- great for the ego too, his whole face lights up when he see's his Mama-- even if I haven't showered he still makes me feel like a million bucks. I could not have asked for a better baby, truly. I can't get enough of those sweet baby rolls on his thighs or those little baby coo's.

Just to prove how sweet he is:








No comments:

Post a Comment