Monday, April 23, 2012

T's Mickey Mouse Bouncy House Party

My not so much of a baby anymore is turning 2. 
So naturally, I rented a bouncy house for his birthday party. 



Last year, we threw Tristan a big Cookie Monster birthday party and decided that it was a great success, but that we would only celebrate 1st birthdays like that. I truly had good intention when we agreed upon that. But I'm a stay at home mommy who likes loves the internet, shopping, and of course, parties. Since I can't, or should I say, choose not to attend raging keggers anymore, I have to resort to 2 year olds birthday parties to get it out of my system. Right? This sounds like a valid justification for ordering a 2 year old a bouncy house when we're "trying to get out of debt". Thankfully, the Hubs also likes to have a good time and agreed (it's a good thing too because I kinda reserved it before I even told him!).

First of all, I would like to say THANK YOU and I'M SORRY to the Hubs, my mother, my brother, and Alex. For putting up with me on Friday, and helping pull everything together. I got all Mom-zilla on Friday after a haircut gone wrong the night before T's bday. I've forgiven the Hubs, but I still don't want to talk about it. You'll see why when you see my beautiful birthday boys missing hair. Anyways...moving on.

These 4 amazing people stayed up till 2 in the morning the night before with me, helping me finish last minute things that I insisted could not wait until morning. What can I say, I have a bit of OCD and I take it out on perfecting my party decor. I tried really really hard to not go overboard but even the littlest things take a lot of time. Here was my big DIY project that I opted to do instead of going crazy with a ton of decor:


When I found this project, it said it was FUN and took a few hours. The most fun I had doing this project was ordering my Martha Stewart fringe scissors. That was it. Otherwise it was long and tedious, and it took me about 10 hours over the course of a week because it was so boring I couldn't sit there and just finish it. I'll post tomorrow with a link to the tutorial and my experiences creating it.

Besides our little haircut mishap, the day could not have gone any better! I woke up Saturday morning around 8 and everyone was still sleeping! So I snuck out of the house, picked up the balloons and when I got back everyone was working. My mom finished the cupcakes, Clint entertained Tristan, Eric and Alex tackled the yard, and then Alex assisted me with decorating.








The day before the party, the guys from the rental company called me to ask if it was okay to drop off early!(which fyi if you're wondering I rented from Astro Jump and they have an array of character bouncy houses for a decent price! Cheapest ones I found out there) We were more than okay with that. It worked out perfect. Lots of family showed up a little early to finish helping so it was great to send the kids off to the bouncy house!

The party was great. The weather was perfect, nobody got terribly injured, there was more than enough food, and T scored a ton of great gifts. Thanks to all who showed up and made the drive out to our house. We know it's kinda far now so we appreciate the effort!! 























1 comment:

  1. looks like such a blast! super cute decor,way to go mama! Happy Birthday tomorrow Tristan!!

    ReplyDelete