Sunday, September 9, 2012

Little Man Mustache Party!

This post is going to be VERY LONG, so bear with me! Lots of fun pictures to share :)

Our little man's birthday party was yesterday. It was so much fun, and SO EASY. Far less stressful than any of Tristan's parties. We had one of the women in our ward volunteer to help with the invites, so we sent out digital invites instead of mailed invites. We may go this route every year, for several reasons. So much cheaper (FREE), convenient, and you typically get RSVP's a lot faster and easier. The only downside to this was that Eric & I missed out on our date night of making the invites. I do enjoy making them together.

We used this digital invite--
(this is a sample-- didn't want to blast our address all over the internet)
I LOVED the wording and couldn't resist.
The best part about this was when I was doing some last minute shopping the night before and stumbled on these shirts...on sale, nonetheless...HOW COULD I RESIST?!

These were both Men's tees, so I just cut mine to make it a little bit more feminine :)

and then I found this bad boy for my mom...she loved it. She wore a mustache the whole party. I think the mustache made her feel very suave because as soon as the mustache went on, she had insta-swag.



Some of the party decor and fun: 

We set up a photobooth for people to get silly with the mustaches...
 Popcorn-- we got these bags for a couple bucks with the cotton candy machine rental and just popped regular popcorn from Costco (total cost: under $15)
 Old fashioned coca cola from Costco as well. We HEART COSTCO!
 Party supplies from First Wishes
 Homemade cupcake toppers, Cupcakes made by my BFF/MadeOfHonor aka the beautiful redhead Kristen Raab :)
 Cake also made by the lovely Kristen Raab
Our friend Felicia helping Eric make Cotton Candy; the machine rental was our "big splurge" for the party-- sooo worth it! Fun and easy, and an ENDLESS amount of Cotton Candy-- we will be giving away Cotton Candy for a few months if anyone would like some....lol

And then some finger stache fun... :) 
My personal favorite part of the party.








And then of course, some candid shots of our guests enjoying themselves... 









I'll have to do an entirely 2nd post of the cake smash & the photobooth pics...so keep your eyes out for more! :)


1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea for a b-day party! Looks like you guys had tons of fun. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. :)

    ReplyDelete